Brentford High Street Project logo - lines represent the High Street and Rivers Brent and Thames

Home and Search
Site Guide
Brentford Basics
Privacy Policy
Contact Families
Photos of people
Name indexes incl WW1
Memories
Lists, Documents, News Properties: High Street
Properties: non-High Street
Photos
Maps
Old Brentford Tithe
1909/10 Valuation Index
Pubs Poem Seeking...
Mystery photos A-Z list History
Beach's Jam
Nowell Parr
Turner the Artist
Queen Victoria 1840
Brentford Market
80 High Street
Clitherow of Boston House
Four Croxford Brothers They Said
Books etc.
Web Links
Occupations

Next
Site Technology
Author

Home and Search

Not Brentford New

Three photos of New Brentford, around 1966

Diane Lockie has provided these photos taken by her father around 1966.
3 storey detached building with church in background The Six Bells public house is still operating (as at 2010) at 148 and 149 High Street.

Behind is St Lawrence's church, redundant in 1961.

row of 2 storey terraced properties This looks like a side street but is the High Street, looking west towards Brentford Bridge. The sign of the Six Bells is visible on the left.

The terraced properties on the right rarely feature in postcards, the preferred view being from Brentford Bridge looking eastwards towards St Lawrence's church. They are numbers 159 to 170, now the site of the Brentford Lock Development. Find out more about the properties in this area.

white-painted property View along Durham Wharf, including 171 and 172 High Street. This was the home and offices of the Buck family, canal carriers and lightermen, until around 1970.

See 'Then and Now Brentford' by Carolyn and Peter Hammond for similar views from the 1950s and 2006 or find out more about this property.

Published February 2010