Brentford High Street Project logo - lines represent the High Street and Rivers Brent and Thames

Home and Search
Site Guide
Brentford Basics
Privacy Policy
Contact Families
Photos of people
Name indexes incl WW1
Memories
Lists, Documents, News Properties: High Street
Properties: non-High Street
Photos
Maps
Old Brentford Tithe
1909/10 Valuation Index
Pubs Poem Seeking...
Mystery photos A-Z list History
Beach's Jam
Nowell Parr
Turner the Artist
Queen Victoria 1840
Brentford Market
80 High Street
Clitherow of Boston House
Four Croxford Brothers They Said
Books etc.
Web Links
Occupations

Next
Site Technology
Author

Home and Search

Not Brentford New

Postcard showing County Parade in the 1950s

High Street view showing a couple of cars and a parade of shops

County Parade, on the right, includes F.W. Woolworth & Co. Ltd. at 120 - 122 High Street and Freeman, Hardy & Willis, the shoe shop. 'Brentford Through Time' dates the arrival of Woolworths to 1955 and includes a 1970s photo of Woolworths (p.87) before its closure in 1978.

The Market Place and Magistrates Court lie to the left and facing the photographer was the Universal Marine store. Next to it is the old Red Lion building on the corner of Market Place.

The nearest car is a Humber Hawk, registration '42 BXB' and further away is a Ford Consul. Above the Humber Hawk the beehive of 'The Beehive' is visible in the distance.

A Walls icecream display stand is just beyond Woolworth's on the right and on the same side is a prominent clock - unfortunately the wording cannot be made out.

See details of the properties on the right prior to the building of the County Parade.

Published June 2008; updated August 2012