Brentford High Street Project logo - lines represent the High Street and Rivers Brent and Thames

Home and Search
Site Guide
Brentford Basics
Privacy Policy
Contact Families
Photos of people
Name indexes incl WW1
Memories
Lists, Documents, News Properties: High Street
Properties: non-High Street
Photos
Maps
Old Brentford Tithe
1909/10 Valuation Index
Pubs Poem Seeking...
Mystery photos A-Z list History
Beach's Jam
Nowell Parr
Turner the Artist
Queen Victoria 1840
Brentford Market
80 High Street
Clitherow of Boston House
Four Croxford Brothers They Said
Books etc.
Web Links
Occupations

Next
Site Technology
Author

Home and Search

Not Brentford New

Near St Paul's Road, around 1966

B/w photo of High Street shops

Diane Lockie has provided this photo, taken by her father around 1966.

A glimpse of no. 229 is visible far left, then the double fronted newsagents at 230, the entrance to 230a (formerly a farriers/veterinary surgeons then a garage), number 231 (formerly Pearce & Co, watchmakers, later a clothiers and premises of Kennington & Bourlet) then the former Feathers PH at 232.

St Paul's road is off to the left after 232 and the opposite corner cafe (233) is visible. There are some buildings beyond 233 but when the photo was taken they were soon due to be demolished to make way for the International Stores supermarket. (The International Tea Company, which was later to become 'International Stores' had two shops in Brentford in 1890 at numbers 88 and 339 High Street)

More information about numbers 229-232 and 233 onwards.

Top

Published January 2010