Brentford High Street Project logo - lines represent the High Street and Rivers Brent and Thames

Home and Search
Site Guide
Brentford Basics
Privacy Policy
Contact Families
Photos of people
Name indexes incl WW1
Memories
Lists, Documents, News Properties: High Street
Properties: non-High Street
Photos
Maps
Old Brentford Tithe
1909/10 Valuation Index
Pubs Poem Seeking...
Mystery photos A-Z list History
Beach's Jam
Nowell Parr
Turner the Artist
Queen Victoria 1840
Brentford Market
80 High Street
Clitherow of Boston House
Four Croxford Brothers They Said
Books etc.
Web Links
Occupations

Next
Site Technology
Author

Home and Search

Not Brentford New

St Paul's Road and Police Section House, 1973

Peter Young's photo was taken on the 2nd September, 1973 and shows three phases of building: St Paul's Road was constructed in time for St Paul's Church to open in 1866; the Feathers PH on the corner at 232 High Street, was probably rebuilt after being bought by Fuller Smith and Turner in 1787; and the contrastingly modern Police Section house opened in 1966. This area is mentioned in Then and Now Brentford, p. 37 and The Feathers in Brentford and Chiswick Pubs: see Books etc. for more details.

The Feathers was demolished in the early 1980s but the church and Police Section House survive; the latter provided accommodation for single police officers. The site has more information about the Feathers and its occupants and a search for 'St Pauls' at the top of the home page will locate other material about the area including St Paul's School.

Full list of Peter's photos

St Paul's Road

Published January 2016