Brentford High Street Project logo - lines represent the High Street and Rivers Brent and Thames

Home and Search
Site Guide
Brentford Basics
Privacy Policy
Contact Families
Photos of people
Name indexes incl WW1
Memories
Lists, Documents, News Properties: High Street
Properties: non-High Street
Photos
Maps
Old Brentford Tithe
1909/10 Valuation Index
Pubs Poem Seeking...
Mystery photos A-Z list History
Beach's Jam
Nowell Parr
Turner the Artist
Queen Victoria 1840
Brentford Market
80 High Street
Clitherow of Boston House
Four Croxford Brothers They Said
Books etc.
Web Links
Occupations

Next
Site Technology
Author

Home and Search

Not Brentford New

Beehive Hotel, late 1960s

Janet McNamara sent this photo and a couple of newspaper cuttings about the Beehive Hotel, on the corner of Half Acre at 227 High Street. The tower block visible in the background is the new police station, which opened in July 1967.

She noted 'Ladies of middle and upper classes able to go there for luncheon' and it reopened after rebuilding on July 15th 1907.
Lunches were served 12.30 to 2.30 and they also served dinners and teas.
The Doulton tiles on the outside are still in good condition.

One cutting notes: 'One of the greatest improvements ever made in Brentford is the widening of the Half Acre by the rebuilding of the Bee Hive Hotel. The extension of the building presents a fine appearance, but it is necessary to view the interior and taste the fare provided to satisfy yourself that the Beehive is the leading hotel of the old county town.'

Beehive Hotel

More about this area of the High Street and links to other photos of the Beehive.

Published January 2013